Social Data Analyst
Location: Barcelona Published: September, 2023
Citibeats is the leading SaaS social analytics platform that is strengthening trust in our society - bringing humanity back into decision-making.
People are voicing their concerns online - and Citibeats’ platform is able to capture and consolidate this data, process it with Artificial Intelligence, and then provide insights on various social topics. In this way, our technology is bridging the gap - enabling organisations to make decisions that are far more aligned with the actual needs and concerns of their main stakeholders.
Citibeats has also received prestigious recognition like the United Nations; World Summit Awards, the “Best Artificial Intelligence for Governments” by COGx and winner of NTT Data’s “Open Innovation Contest “in Japan, Finalist at 4YFN, and recently named within the Top 10 Startups in Spain by EU-Startups.
We are looking for an ambitious Social Data Analyst with entrepreneurial spirit who can help us supercharge decision-making in society, for the better.
About the role:
We are looking for a Social Data Analyst to join our Customer Delivery team.
At Citibeats, we embrace evolution and changes. With that in mind, these are the sort of activities you can expect to be doing:
As a Social Data Analyst, you will be analyzing citizen data to identify what are the most pressing social issues. You don’t need to be a software engineer in order to do this job, actually, our team is made of a Political Scientist and an Industrial Engineer. We are looking for diversity.You will receive training (in both technical and soft skills) and will be given responsibility as any other Citibeater.
Your day-to-day will look like:
- Understand client needs and support on solving clients doubts about the platform or on how to create a better analysis with citizen data; Create custom reports that help identify what are the most emerging social trends.
- Conceptualising monitors that detect social changes based on market needs (e.g sustainability, social risk), and setting up the monitors following scientific methods in every stage of the process;
- Monitoring the precision of data of our Machine Learning models, reading and labelling opinions published by citizens;
- Work together with our Product, Data and Engineering departments in order to conceptualise functionalities that improve Citibeats technology, based on your deep understanding of data;
What we are looking for:
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Other languages are a plus;
- Strong analytical skills with a strategy mindset;
- Interest in Natural Language Processing, computational linguistics, SEO;
- General culture and interest for current affairs: you’ll be working with opinions expressed by citizens, who talk about a broad variety of social interests;
- Attention to detail;
- Sound business acumen and ability to understand customer’s organisational challenges;
- Hands-on, self-motivated individual who plans, prepares and executes professionally;
- Bonus if you have prior experience working with big data or data visualization tools;
- Bonus if you have project management skills;
- Work on and shape a genuinely visionary product in terms of tech and social impact
- Join a fast growing company at a key growth moment;
- Become a part of a fast-moving and exciting company in AI;
- Put your ideas into action as part of a meaningful project;
- Be a part of a friendly atmosphere and a great international team;
- Our offices are located in the 22@ district, just 5 minutes away from the beach;
- Flexible schedule and flexible work-from-home;
We feel that hiring is like matchmaking - we’ve all been hired (except for the founder), so we know what it feels like to sit on the other side of the table (or now, zoom call!). We take your application seriously, this is your career we’re talking about! We will spend proper time looking through each application and we appreciate you expressing your interest to join the team at Citibeats.
Citibeats is an equal opportunity employer. Your uniqueness makes us better, and we encourage you to apply to this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status.